We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
800 Valley Plaza, Suite 7
Johnson City, NY 13790
Phone: (607) 770-4920
Fax: (607) 770-6253
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks by the end of the month.
• Male Indigo Buntings begin to appear in the region.
• Woodpeckers are establishing their nesting territories by drumming.
• Woodchucks emerge from hibernation.
• Male skunks wander widely, searching for mates.
• Roadside 'weeds' (e.g. Speedwell, Purple Dead-nettle, Storksbill) bloom before most native wildflowers.
• March is a great month for watching waterfowl.
• Purple Martins return by the middle of the month; be sure to have your houses ready.
• Woodcocks are doing courtship flights.
• Cardinals begin nesting by the end of the month.
• Bluebirds begin nesting by the end of the month.